The Tide for Christ Student Ministry is a ministry of the Central Church of Christ, located in Tuscaloosa, AL. The purpose of this organization is to strive to minister to the students of the University of Alabama, Shelton State Community College, and Stillman College today to edify the Christian servant leaders in the world tomorrow. We approach this through providing outreach, service, study, devotionals, and fellowship opportunities in the local church, in the community, and across the state.
Most importantly, we encourage, challenge, and debate the scripture so that we may always ensure we approach all these things by leaning on God and His word, only speaking where the Bible speaks, and staying silent where the Bible is silent.
If you would like more information or have any specific questions, please feel free to contact us!
The Central Church of Christ was founded in 1928. What began as less than a dozen members gathering at the Tuscaloosa County Courthouse has since grown to a church with about 200 families.
The Central church moved to its present home at 304 Hargrove Road on August 13, 1967. A gymnasium, new kitchen and several classrooms were added in 1992 and many more additions were added on throughout the next few years.
On Wednesday, April 27, 2011, an EF4 tornado came through Tuscaloosa and demolished all of our buildings and church vehicles. The Smithville Church of Christ in Mississippi donated a van for our use and we purchased a new bus. We worshiped with the Northport congregation for a month and then we worshiped at the Alabama Fire College located behind Shelton State Community College for two years until Phase 1 of our new building was completed. We began moving into our new building on June 24, 2014 and on July 14, 2013 we enjoyed our first worship assembly in our new building.